Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Was 'free' on my list?














So this isn't really very design-oriented, but FreeRice.com reminds me of both the favorite word show and tell and the call to action campaign.

Here's how it works: You play the FreeRice vocab game (which is pretty easy) and every time you get a correct answer FreeRice donates 10 grains of rice to help end world hunger. Obviously, they couldn't do that without some major advertising dollars, but it's actually pretty subtle.

Anyway, I thought it was fun (if not a nice distraction.)

1 comment:

Content Blogger said...

I really like this entry. I like their website even more than their ad. The Call to Action is clear. I like it's simplicity and surprising effectiveness. It gets to the point. By the way - I'm headed to donate my grains of rice right now.