Saturday, December 15, 2007

iMade an iMovie



I've learned a lot in this class. Especially since I knew practically nothing about design before Words and Images started. Obviously, I'm a long way from being a professional, but Pub Design doesn't seem quite as intimidating anymore. There were plenty of times I felt discouraged throughout the semester, but all along I knew I just had to keep working hard. Before the semester ends, I'll almost certainly feel discouraged again (damn you revisions!), and there's no way I'll breeze through future classes without breaking a sweat. Finally, though, I've created something I'm proud of.

Granted, my iMovie still needs a ton of work--volume levels, timing and at least one "blooper" I know of--but I know how hard I worked on this, and that means a lot to me. True, I've already turned it in and gotten a grade on it, but I had so much fun making this I'm sure I'll edit it some more once the labs open next semester.

Anyway, I know it's not perfect, but enjoy.

2 comments:

justjill said...

Hi. I was in Words & Images the semester before you, and made an iMovie called Zombie: An Undying Love Story... Did it go over better in your class?
If you are interested, this is my project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8tRT0E5YbQ

Thanks!

m4rk said...

omg! that's great.

sorry i'm so slow to notice your comment. since w&i ended, my blog has been neglected. i hope to get back to it soon...

anyway, i think the class liked my movie all right. i can't imagine yours didn't go over well, though. it looked good, and it made me laugh.

our class had a thing for zombies, which might have helped me out a little. there was some zombie reference on most every assignment. i decided that for the iMovie, it was my turn.