Monday, September 17, 2007

Pleasant living

I fled my cubicle today and headed out under perfect blue skies to take photos around Baltimore. The photos will be part Metromix's new neighborhood guides.

I think it's fair to say that a good designer should have the ability to choose the "right" image to convey an idea, and I'm wondering if the photos I took will provide strong symbols for their respective neighborhoods. I'll certainly post my favorites later this week, but for now (since my USB cable is still at work and I'm not) I'd be interested to hear what images would conjure Canton, Brewers Hill and/or Butchers Hill for you guys. (I'd be interested to hear about other neighborhoods as well, but those are the only ones I visited today.)

1 comment:

Bobby G said...

Man, I am a little envious of your freedom to roll the office and still do work stuff outdoors. Anyway, my opinions of the hoods you mentioned: Canton- popped collars and over crowded bars, Brewers Hill- Construction and Butchers Hill (the area I know best) Big houses, Mexican, white and black people living together. Visually I wouldn't know where to start.